Steel industries are highly energy intensive industries and processes are highly inefficient and non-standard. Profitability of these industries largely depend on energy costs. It is therefore very important to evaluate and identify the scope for energy efficiency. SEE-Tech has carried out energy use analysis in more than 100 steel industries varying from micro industries to large scale industries.
- Collect primary data to find out energy usage.
- Study the existing plant process.
- Carry out measurement and observations at all required locations.
- Evaluate all the EE options available.
- Recommend the best techno-economic options available.
- Viraj Alloys Ltd.
- Magna Industries ltd.
- Ramsons Castings
Outcome of study at one of the steel industry :
- Major electricity is consumed by induction furnace which is about 62.14%.
- Minimum electricity is consumed by grinders which are about 0.10% only.
- Other electricity consumption is about 4.57%, in these mold conveyor, magnetic motor, knock out section are included.
Proposed EE Interventions :
- Production Planning and Control
- Lid on Furnace
- Charging with Charging Bucket
- Use of hand blower for cleaning instead of Compresed Air
- Use of Energy Efficient Lighting
- Total Savings : INR 4.52 Lacs/annum