SEE-Tech’s Energy Efficient Motor Program
We have observed that electric motors contribute a large share of electricity consumption in the industry. Hence it is very important to save energy , this can be achieved by reducing the energy consumption of electric motors. As the energy consumption of electric motor is depends on the efficiency value, hence increase in the efficiency value will reduce energy consumption. For achieving this it is highly recommended to use Energy Efficient Motors (EEM).
Energy Efficient Motors are the ones in which operating efficiency is more than motors of standard efficiency. Design improvements focus on reducing intrinsic motor losses. In keeping with the stipulations of the BIS, energy efficient motors are designed to operate without loss in efficiency at loads between 75% and 100% of rated capacity. This may result in major benefits in varying load applications.
We recommend Energy Efficient Motors for the following benefits :
- lower operating temperatures and noise levels
- greater ability to accelerate higher inertia loads
- are less affected by supply voltage fluctuations
We deliver guaranteed savings (5 to 23%) by selective retrofits of IE4 & IE5 motors through our Energy Efficient Motor Program. IE-4 & IE-5 motors have been launched. These Energy Efficient Motors are one of the many Energy Efficiency technologies that we are offering as a program under our ESCo schemes.
EMI option is also available subject to the terms of financing agencies. EMI is so designed that it works out to be 75% of the savings so that our customers get net-positive cash flow.
If you are planning to buy new motors for your industry go through our blog Buying new motors, here are reasons to go for IE-4 & IE5 Motors
Our Approach for energy efficient motor
- Motor load survey.
- Check combined efficiency of the motor, driven machine, and controller (if any).
- Short listing motors for replacement with Energy Efficient Motor.
- Identification of best fit Energy Efficiency Motor.
- Monitoring & Verification of savings is done as per International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (“IPMVP”).
To know more join our platform ENERGENIE