SEE-Tech Solutions has provided its services for around 200 SMEs in the past and helped them to reduce their energy costs. Due to shrinking margins it is imperative for SMEs to look for options that will help in reducing the operating costs. Energy Conservation is one such option. SEE-Tech solutions based on its experience of more than 20 years in the field of Energy Efficiency, helps SMEs to identify the sustainable solutions that will fetch maximum cost benefits with minimal of investments.
In the past, we have worked in following SME sectors for individual unit or for SME clusters :
- Iron & Steel industries
- Ceramic Tiles cluster
- Rice mill clusters
- Milk Dairies
- Foundry clusters
- Forging clusters
- Morbi ceramic cluster wherein we prepared 75 IGDPR for small and medium size units in the cluster as assigned by Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- Pune forging cluster where Training & demonstration of Energy conservation at unit level was done on behalf of SIDBI.
- Kolhapur foundry cluster where Capacity building of MSME units, Industrial associations and service providers was done to enhance energy efficiency at cluster level.
Following are some of the energy conservation opportunities identified in one of the study for ceramic sector :
- Blunger resulting in saving in electricity consumption of the ball mills and blungers : 37,000 to 10,00,000 kWh.
- Installation of variable frequency drive (VFD) in motors of agitation system results in saving in electricity consumption in agitation section : 20,000 to 2,50,000 kWh.
- Replacement of existing standard efficiency motors by energy efficient motors of agitation section resulting in saving in electricity consumption in agitation section : 10,000 to 3,00,000 kWH.
- Implementation of ON – OFF system (10 minutes ON and 5 minutes OFF) for agitation motors resulting in saving in electricity consumption of agitation section : 17,000 to 2,00,000 kWh.
- Improvement in kiln, spray dryer & other hot surfaces insulation resulting in saving in fuel consumption : 60,000 to 15,00,000 kWh.
- Monitory saving in electricity bill by power factor improvement through installation of capacitors : 3,000 to 3,40,000 kWh.
- Use of energy efficient motor for polishing line : 8,00,000 to 20,00,000.
- Preheating of combustion air by smoke air through recuperator in ceramic tiles resulting in saving in fuel consumption : 2,00,000 to 40,00,000.
- Total Savings till Mar-16 : Rs 7.03 Cr.
- Total Load Factor Incentive : 73.5 Lakhs